Friday, April 29, 2011

“My Mantra”

"I am not in competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance"
I have begun to truly appreciate some of the lessons I have learnt along the way. As you get on your careers, I would like to share them with you. I am hoping that you will find them as useful as I have.

Take charge
Leadership begins from within. It is a small voice that tells you where to go when you feel lost. If you believe in that voice, you believe in yourself. You have to take charge of your own destiny.

Success from failure
For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?
Life is full of challenges. In the race of life you lose you win; success has its own sweetness but do not let it go to your head. The moment it does, you are already on your way to failure. Treat failure as a natural phenomenon. Accept it, learn from it and move on. The important thing is when you lose do not lose the lesson.

Play to win
Playing to win does not mean playing filthy. Playing to win brings out the best in us and in our teams. It is about aiming for the maximum, a passion to do our best and having the hunger to be the best. However, it is not about winning at any cost. It is not about winning every time. It is not about winning at the expense of others. It is about innovating all the time. It is about beating your last performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment